- 125g Plain Flour
- 75g unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 2 heaped tbsp raspberry or strawberry jam
- 150g unsalted butter, preferably at room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 150g ground almonds
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- Pastry: Put flour, butter and sugar into a bowl and rub the mixture together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and 1 tsp of cold water and mix together so the dough comes together. Flatten into a roundish shape and cover with clingfilm and put in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 mins, roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 3mm thick.
- Line a 20cm fluted tart tin with greaseproof paper.
- Prick the pastry base with a fork and put back in the fridge for a further 20 mins.
- Heat the oven to 180c/fan 160/gas mark 4
- Take the pastry out of the fridge, cover with parchment and put in oven for about 20 mins until the pastry is pale in colour, then brush the inside of the pastry case with a little egg white (don`t forget to take out the parchment) and cook for a further 2 minutes and let it cool slightly.
- Spread the jam in an even layer over the base of the pastry case.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and egg Yolk.
- Fold in the ground almonds and lemon zest.
- Carefully spoon the mixture over the jam and spread level.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Shake flaked almonds over the mixture and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes until golden and set.
Cool to room temperature, if you desire dust with icing sugar and serve with cream or custard - enjoy!